Dave Shaw is a 20 year old who lives in east st paul and also here.
1. If Lil Wayne and/or Drake asked you “Do you love this shit?” what would you say?
a. In this situation, what do you envision yourself wearing?
i’d say ‘yeah lil wayne and/or drake, this shit is pretty nice, good job’.
i’d be wearing a t-shirt that says ‘your shit is nice’.
2. What is something that will always always make you laugh?
puns. i fucking love puns.
3. How old do you feel?
4. What was the last book that you read? What did you like/not like about it?
the last book i read was xTx’s ‘normally special’. i liked that it felt very personal and sincere without feeling like a diary.
5. What can you hear right now?
i’ve been listening to andy stott’s ‘luxury problems’ like all day. so that, plus also the faint hum of my computer.
6. Has the internet changed your understanding of “literature”? If so, has it been a positive or negative change?
7. What is the most interesting dream you have had that you can remember?
i had this dream maybe a week ago where i was watching ‘moonrise kingdom’, except it was ~5 hours long, and the second half of the movie involved a lot more bruce willis, and also bruce willis’s brother, somehow. all i remember specifically was a moment where bruce willis looks at his brother dramatically and says ‘we need to go back to the island’.
8. If you had to pick an animal to be raised by in the wild, what animal would it be?
9. What have you eaten today?
12” sandwich at subway
10. What method do you use for most of your transportation?
11. What class throughout the duration of your education did you enjoy most?
really liked this class called ‘the philosophy of literature’ that i took last year, but i don’t remember why, i think i did really poorly in it actually.
12. What do you hope for the next year of your life?
i would like to finish the book i’m writing, but i feel aversion to setting an actual ‘deadline’ for finishing it.
i hope that the new ducktails album is good.
13. If you could have a conversation with anyone living or dead, who would it be?
kurt vonnegut, but like, kurt vonnegut when he was an old man.
14. Are you happy?
15. Do you believe in an afterlife?
i believe in an afterlife.